In our years of experience as a mold remediation service, we’ve seen almost everything there is to see when it comes to mold growth in and around homes. We’ve also very carefully refined our process so that homeowners have the most hassle-free experience possible during the mold abatement. Here’s what you can expect from our skilled mold professionals:
- Evaluation. At our first meeting, we’ll thoroughly evaluate your space to determine the extent of the mold damage, and discuss our plan for remediation and restoration with you. As professional contractors, we can make the necessary repairs when the remediation work is done.
- Site prep. We’ll outfit ourselves in the proper safety gear, such as a high filtration face mask and full protective suit. We’ll also seal off the affected area and lay down plastic sheeting so the mold spores are contained as we work.
- Mold Removal. Porous materials, such as sheetrock, baseboards, tack strips, paper-backed insulation, and others that have been affected by mold and cannot be restored to their previous condition will be removed and discarded. Simply cleaning these materials and leaving them in place would almost certainly guarantee mold re-growth. It’s important to remove them completely. It’s likely that during this phase, we’ll also find the source of your mold problem, whether it’s a roof leak, foundation issue, leaky pipe, a spill, or something else. We’ll keep you updated on what we find and discuss with you the best way to move forward.
- HEPA/Vacuuming & Anti-Microbial Cleaning. The remaining surfaces in the problem area will be property vacuumed with HEPA filtration equipment and treated with a non-VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) anti-microbial solution. Any surfaces left with mold staining will be scrubbed and treated with a mold stain remover and then a mold-resistant sealant to inhibit future mold growth.
- Air Purifying. Once the mold and its source have been removed, we’ll get to work cleaning and purifying the air in the affected area. We utilize professional equipment such as HEPA air scrubbers and industrial-strength dehumidifiers.
Mold Remediation vs. Mold Removal
Mold remediation and mold removal are nearly interchangeable terms: mold remediation also addresses the cause of the problem rather than just removing the mold. Because mold spores are airborne and microscopic, they occur naturally in both indoor and outdoor environments, which is why it is virtually impossible to eliminate mold entirely from the air.
Mold remediation returns the mold levels to acceptable levels, by addressing the microscopic cause of the mold and returning it to a point where it no longer causes harm to the house and its residents. Be aware that there is no way to completely remove all mold from the environment.
When the mold flare-up is larger – more than 10 square feet in size – consulting with a mold remediation service professional is recommended. Solve all your mold problems in the right way with the experts at an experienced mold remediation services company.
As with any skilled professional you hire, be wary of companies that offer quick-fix solutions without actually tackling the problem at its source. Some companies claim to offer mold removal services while only covering up the existing mold. This may seem like a cheaper option at first, but after the mold comes back time and time again, you’ll end up paying much more in the long run. Solve your problems the right way the first time with a professional, experienced mold remediation services company. Please contact us to schedule a FREE evaluation.